Day 1: Cusco – KM 82 – Patallacta.- Pick up at your hotel around 5:00 am and then travel for an hour and a half to Ollantaytambo where we will stop for breakfast (not included in the price of the tour). After our stop we will continue with our trip by car to Km 82, where the respective Inca Trail checkpoints are made. In this same place you will have to present your tickets together with your passports or the identity card with which you made your reservation.
The Inca Trail starts at an altitude of 2,720ms. at km 82 Once you have passed the respective controls at the checkpoint, we will cross a suspension bridge across the Vilcanota River. The first day is relatively easy and is considered as the warm-up day since the terrain is relatively flat.
This day we will have wonderful views of the Inca fortress Huillca Raccay, incredible archaeological site of Llactapata (officially called “Patallacta”) which will be our first camp. A.C.
Day 2: Patallacta – Huayllabamba – Llullupamba.-After a good breakfast at 7:00 am. We will start walking towards the village of Wayllabamba, located at 3000m. Here we will take another short way to visit the Inca fortress of Paucarcancha.
After visiting this Inca site, we will return to the village of Wayllabamba for lunch. After lunch we will continue our trek uphill for 3 hours approx. to reach our second camp, Llullupampa, at an altitude of 3800m.
Day 3: Llullupaampa – Phuyupatamarca (difficult day)
This day will be the longest day of the entire trip. After breakfast we pack, we will start the ascent for 2 hours to the highest point of the road, the Abra de Huarmihuañusca or “Paso de la Mujer Muerta” with a height of 4.200m.
After traveling the 2 hour climb we will celebrate together having reached the highest point. After a break we will start the descent for an hour and a half until the second point where we will have lunch (Pacamayo at 3,550m).
After lunch we will start with the last part of the climb for 2 hours towards the Runkuraqay pass at an altitude of 3900m. Once in the pass and after a rest we will continue the descent for 2 and a half hours until we reach our camp Phuyupatamarka (3600m).
Day 4: Phuyupatamarca – WiñayHuayna – Aguas Calientes. It will be the most extraordinary day of the walk. We will visit many of the archaeological sites along the way: Phuyupatamarka, Intipata, Wiñay Wayna. We will leave Wiñay Wayna at 2:00 pm in order to reach the Inti Punku or sunset at a height of 273m. At the Puerta del Sol, you can see the first views of Machu Picchu.
Finally we will continue walking through the last section of the Inca Trail until we reach the place where you can take the classic photo (postal picture) with old city. After this little break, we will descend to the main entrance, where we can take the bus to Aguas Calientes to spend the night. Once you arrive in Aguas Calientes, you will have time to relax at the hotel before your dinner and then plan the tour in the citadel on the last day of the tour.
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco.-
This day you will have two options to return to Machu Picchu. 1) You can walk up an hour and a half from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu through a path with stairs. 2) You can take a bus for about 25 minutes heading to Machu Picchu.
If you are interested in seeing the sunrise in this ancient Inca city. You will have to get up very early to go to the bus station where you will have to wait for the first buses to leave for Machu Pichu.
Once you have arrived at Machu Picchu, you will have your guided 2 hour walking tour of this historic site, followed by several hours of free time for your own tour.
From 2:30 pm we will meet at a restaurant in Aguas Calientes for our last lunch together (optional and not included in the tour price). After lunch you will be given your train tickets for your trip back to Cusco.
- Income and Exit Transfers.
- Transportation Cusco-Km 82. (Start of Walk).
- Professional tourist guide. (Spanish, English and Quechua).
- Guide assistant (for groups of 9 or more people).
- Entrance tickets to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- 04 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 04 snacks, 04 dinners “do not include breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day (day 5)”.
- Professional food cook with Vegan or Vegan option is subject to customer request at no cost.
- Drinkable water along the Inca Trail.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- First aid kit.
- 01 Oxygen balloon
- Porters (who carry tents, food and kitchen utensils).
- Canvas bag (where you put 6 kilos of your personal belongings.
- Porters (to load canvas bags). Waterproof and quadruple tents “02 people per tent”
- 01 sleeping mat per person
- 01 night in basic hotel in Aguas Calientes. Return train tikes on the Expedition train (Aguas Calientes – Ollanta and bus to Cusco) and transfer to the hotel).
Not included and You Need to bring:
- Original passport and / or International student card (ISIC).
- Sleeping bag (not included, but can be rented at our offices).
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho.
- Sunscreen cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Wool jacket to warm, hat / gloves and gloves.
- Polo shirts or shirts
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat.
- Reusable plastic bottle or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for the first 4 hours of walking, then we will give you the previously boiled Water).
- Insect repellent.
- Hygiene items
- Personal medications
- Photographic camera.
- Flashlight with spare batteries (headlights are useful).